Raise your hand if you've ever felt you should have listened to your gut instinct when it came to responding to technological change. Your gut instinct may have told you to be innovative, but your inner digital dinosaur instead encouraged you to stick to the tried and tested (and less risky) path.
Digital dinosaur attitudes can limit your organization's ability to perform at its best. So how can you identify your digital dinosaur tendencies? Read on to find out.
10 signs that you might be a digital dinosaur
- When your team asks you to consider new IT solutions, your answer is: “No, we need to stick with what we've already got. In fact, we need to do a review and reduce the solutions that we already have.”
- When the business unit asks why implementing the new customer-facing self-help portal is taking so long, your answer is, “IT is complex and expensive, and these things take time.”
- When your team says, “Hey boss, we need this new solution to digitalize the way we do things, let’s move things to the cloud,” do you say: “But we have already spent all this money building all these old systems and making them work. Besides, it’s too risky!”
- Are you the one who says, “Let's wait and see what the big, expensive Tier 1 consulting firm's IT review says” instead of trusting your team who know exactly what to do and are asking for change?
- You’re the one who wants to hand over projects to the development team to give them something new to do.
- When your CFO asks you to cut costs in the next FY, you decide to stick to your old IT infrastructure instead of moving everything to the cloud.
- When your CEO asks you how long it will take to implement a travel request process for your organization to help reduce administrative costs, you say 12 months instead of 6-12 weeks.
- When your stakeholders demand having access to your systems and services on their hand held devices, you say it’s impossible.
- When your staff ask for paperless processes to help improve their productivity, you remind them they’re not working for WWF or Greenpeace (and you’re only half joking).
- You suspect that behind your backs, your colleagues describe you as a decent bloke, “but do we have to wait for him to retire before we can get anything done around here?”
If you answered yes to any of the above, you’re a seasoned digital dinosaur and potentially limiting your organization’s ability to innovate, adapt and evolve. Perhaps it’s time to re-examine your approach to reviewing your IT systems and practices. Be open to change and innovation and you’ll soon transform from a digital dinosaur to a digital champion.
To find out how simple it can be to transform your IT systems and processes using digitalization, sign up for a free Infiniti trial today. Getting started is easy, and you don't need a credit card to register.